I can't help with Mockito, except to say that I use it with Netbeans all the time.  I write the tests mostly from scratch. I'm not sure what Netbeans could automate beyond creating template test methods as it does now.

One tip I can share, that I discovered by accident, is that Netbeans can show code coverage.  I think the option is hidden if you don't have coverage enabled.  We're using jacoco with maven. It will display a coverage report for the project and colorize your source files showing which lines are covered and not.

 Also, testcontainers is pretty cool for database integration testing.

On 2/29/24 19:56, Leo Donahue wrote:
https://plugins.netbeans.apache.org/?search=Mockito&nbv=21&cat= <https://plugins.netbeans.apache.org/?search=Mockito&nbv=21&cat=>

On Thu, Feb 29, 2024, 16:43 Greenberg, Gary <ggree...@visa.com> wrote:

    Yes, I do need to mock CRUD operations without accessing the database.
    As I said, code was debugged and tested with the database, but to
    comply with the company policy
    I do need to add these "fake" unit tests. I haven't used Mockito
    for about 10 years and don't want to spend much time
    to refresh my knowledge. I do hope that NB have some mocking
    features that will help me.
    *From:* Leo Donahue <donahu...@gmail.com>
    *Sent:* Thursday, February 29, 2024 1:29 PM
    *Cc:* NetBeans Mailing List <users@netbeans.apache.org>
    *Subject:* Re: Using Mockito with Netbeans

    On Thu, Feb 29, 2024, 13:33 Greenberg,Gary
    <ggree...@visa.com.invalid> wrote:

        I already have all DTO and DAO classes written and debugged.
        However, per company policy, unit test coverage must be no
        less than 75%.
        Right now, I have it less than 30%, because this is database
        driven project and to comply, I need to create
        tests mocking database operations.

    >>mocking database operations

    Do you mean that you need to mock CRUD in a unit test?

    If you create mock data in the test, you control the mock data
    which means you're testing a hard coded value or testing for null
    and the database is never used.

    Is that valuable?

    Suppose you unit test pinging the database, as in select something
    and it fails because the database is down, or today no permissions
    were granted to your test account or your test user password
    expired... now what.  The unit test says something is broken but
    it may not be in your control.