On Thu, Feb 29, 2024, 13:33 Greenberg,Gary <ggree...@visa.com.invalid>
wrote:

> I already have all DTO and DAO classes written and debugged.
> However, per company policy, unit test coverage must be no less than 75%.
> Right now, I have it less than 30%, because this is database driven
> project and to comply, I need to create
> tests mocking database operations.
>

>>mocking database operations

Do you mean that you need to mock CRUD in a unit test?

If you create mock data in the test, you control the mock data which means
you're testing a hard coded value or testing for null and the database is
never used.

Is that valuable?

Suppose you unit test pinging the database, as in select something and it
fails because the database is down, or today no permissions were granted to
your test account or your test user password expired... now what.  The unit
test says something is broken but it may not be in your control.