i come from a weblogic background having used it for years. Now days i much
much prefer openejb/tomee. Other ejb containers are memory pigs by
comparison, have slow boot times and are impossible to embed and use for
unit testing. They do have more fully featured admin consoles and
docUmentation though but i can live without that.  I have been using tomee
in production for over a year now and am happy with the performance and
reliability but more importantly, happy that i can run it on a debian linux
virtual server with only 512mb of ram and have 130mb free. i couldnt even
boot up empty instances of other containers on my server without running out
of memory and that includes jboss and glassfish.  Openejb and the much
improved ejb3 spec should regain ground lost to spring during the days of
ejb2 and fat containers.