Naomi- I was thinking about this problem some more this morning and since you're enhancing your Entities at build time, there isn't any reason to have a Spring weaver configured. I did some digging around and found a forum post regarding this very issue [1].
-Rick [1] http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=44299 Naomi-san wrote: > > Hi Rick, > > thank you so much for your time you spent! > > Aww, I knew, that there was a time I did not have that enhance-message, > but I thought I just imagined it ;) > I already used the InstrumentationLoadTimeWeaver some time before (that is > why it was commented out in db.xml), but got warning messages that I had > to use it with a Java agent. Because configuration examples for Spring and > OpenJPA which I found in the internet used SimpleLoadTimeWeaver, I also > did so. > > Thanks to you I had a hint where the problem might be and could search > more specificly and found this discussion: > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-40 > > It seems that the LoadTimeWeavers provided by Spring have problems with > the possible byte code enhancement at runtime (or something like that). > There is also an alternative "OpenJpaLoadTimeWeaver" attached, which just > excludes the org.apache.openjpa package (don't know why this helps...). I > could not find it in the Spring package where it should reside, so I just > added the source to my project, and included it in my db.xml as > LoadTimeWeaver. > > Now it works without the error message but still I have another problem. I > first thought it was because the classes are not enhanced / the error > message, but as we found out, this is not the case: > > I can not use lazy fetching for relations where I set the FetchType.LAZY. > If I want to get the content of the specific attributes, I always get a > null value (and there definitely should be any content). > Lazy fetching for attributes that where mapped with FetchType.EAGER but > reached the MaxFetchDepth does not seem to be a problem. > > Any ideas? ^^" > > Greetings! > Naomi > > -------- Original-Nachricht -------- >> Datum: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:05:17 -0700 (PDT) >> Von: Rick Curtis <[email protected]> >> An: [email protected] >> Betreff: Re: Runtime Enhancement: Problems with Ant Task in Eclipse > >> >> Naomi -- >> >> I've spent the better part of my morning trying to figure out what was >> going >> on and I finally have an answer for you. Please don't ask me to explain >> why >> I did what I did, because honestly I'm not entirely sure what the problem >> is. Through debugging I found that there was some class definition >> oddness >> when your JUnit started running through Spring code. Please let me know >> if >> you would like more details, otherwise see below for a 'fix'/workaround. >> >> In your db.xml file you define a loadTimeWeaver property for bean >> id="entityManagerFactory". I noticed that you had two properties and one >> of >> them was commented out. When I switched from >> org.springframework.instrument.classloading.SimpleLoadTimeWeaver to >> org.springframework.instrument.classloading.InstrumentationLoadTimeWeaver, >> the JUnit passed. Please give that a shot. >> >> -Rick >> -- >> View this message in context: >> http://n2.nabble.com/Runtime-Enhancement%3A-Problems-with-Ant-Task-in-Eclipse-tp2932839p2941253.html >> Sent from the OpenJPA Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com. > > -- > Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + > Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* > http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-aktionspreis/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a > > -- View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Runtime-Enhancement%3A-Problems-with-Ant-Task-in-Eclipse-tp2932839p2946115.html Sent from the OpenJPA Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
