On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org> wrote:
> The whole point about tinyurls being untrustworthy is that they hide the
> real url and you never know what you are actually clicking on.  Many
> unscrupulous people take advantage of that to send malicious links to all
> sorts of places and so now people are hesitant to click on such a link
> unless he knows and trusts the person who sent it.  Someone else pointed out
> that with is.gd it is possible to preview the site to see where you are
> going before actually following the link.  It has nothing to do with a link
> getting corrupted.
>
> Dale Erwin
> Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03
> Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17 PERU
> http://leather.casaerwin.org

Hello Dale,

Yes, I posted earlier in detail on ways in which anyone can preview an
is.gd link. One way is putting a - right at the end for each link you
want to preview.

Andrew, very interesting point about finding out more from the long
URL. The preview page for a shortened URL should provide the long URL.
In any case, I see no harm from also providing the long URL as long as
it's crystal-clear that the two are equivalent.

Cheers,

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

Your mood can affect how you read this e-mail. Please read it with a smile.
(http://tonecheck.com)