John Hart wrote:
On 1/27/2016 3:43 PM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

Sent from my mobile device.

On 28 Jan 2016, at 7:52 AM, Maurice Howe <mauriceh...@gmail.com> wrote:

I (and others) have yelled for years about this. The "unsubscribe" things
is taking WAY too much time and resource.
It's easily (in theory, anyway) fixed:
Unsubscribe is easy as well, all you need to remember is the email address you used while subscribing to the mailing list. But when you unsubscribe with an other email address you're in trouble.

Not when the link you click to unsubscribe, transfers the TO address in the header to the unsubscribe webpage.

jrh

In order for an unsubscribe web page to work it would have to recognize the user who's wanting to unsubscribe, otherwise anyone could unsubscribe anyone else. To get around that a paasword system would have to be established and the web page hosted and maintained. I fail to see how that simplifies things. Clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of any message from any member of the group, then clicking "send", waiting a minute for a confirmation request to arrive then returning that as requested seems to me to be much easier.