John Hart wrote:
> On 1/27/2016 8:17 PM, Daniel DeFoe wrote:
>> I am sort of new here, and I won't pretend to know much, but it seems
>> that
>> it would be nice if someone with more skill than I have could set up a
>> Wiki, that way anyone could sign in who wants to, they could quit when
>> they
>> wanted to, not show up if they don't want to. Contribute if they want to.
>> I won't pretend to know all that it would require, but it is just an idea
>> from something I was reading about connected to another project that I am
>> working with.
>>
>> On 28 January 2016 at 04:13, Daniel DeFoe <daniel.de.foe1...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
> USENET was on the verge of becoming a very useful public data base, when
> it was forced into the background
> by commercial interests, and government censors. Blog software with a
> few AI extensions could turn this list
> into something to be proud of.
>
> jrh
John;

Usenet is still alive and working nicely. I subscribe to most of the
Apache lists using gmane. As far as blog software and AI extensions; are
you volunteering to set it up and maintain it on your hardware? Apache
projects are volunteer efforts there is no corporate structure with
large budgets and dedicated IT staffs. If I remember correctly the
full-time Infrastructure staff is 5 people backed by volunteers with the
requisite skills from all of the other projects.

I subscribe to a number of other support mailing lists and they all have
the same problem with people not understanding the unsubscribe process.
The difference between this list and for instance the SeaMonkey list, is
that we have a higher percentage of users that are less technically
oriented. Those people are going to require a bit more understanding and
hand-holding.

Regards
Keith