On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:00:56 -0400
"H.S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dijo:

> This may not really answer your query directly, but have you looked at
> Zotero? It is also a bibliography manager. However, I am not sure how it
> fares in comparison with Tellico, but it works very well with OOo as an
> add on. You may want to give it a try: http://www.zotero.org/. Tthe
> latest version is 1.0.7. They are also working a "sync preview" version
> which will let one store their database on one central location and
> access it from anywhere. Zotero is installed as  Firefox add on.
>
> I sugget Zotero because I have experienced that it is much more powerful
> than OOo's Biblio (at least in OOo 2.4) when it deals with citations and
> bibliography. Moreover, it appears to understand far more formats while
> importing and exporting bibliography items.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I installed the Zotero plugin in Firefox and then registered an account
with WorldCat. Then I added a few books as an experiment. It was not
able locate an older book for which I had only a Library of Congress
number (no ISBN number). Tellico had located this book, but evidently
Zotero does not use LOC numbers. When Tellico found the book it also
found an ISBN number for it, so I tried that in Zotero, but it still
could not find the book. It is very important to me to be able to look
up books by ISBN or LOC number and have Zotero add them to my
collection. Otherwise I have to type all the information in manually,
which is a major effort considering that I have several thousand books
to catalog.

More important, I cannot figure out how to get the bibliography that I
created in my Zotero account into a Writer document. I got the
extension installed, and when I open a new document the Zotero toolbar
is displayed, but now what do I do?