NoOp wrote:

> I don't know... "I have several thousand books to catalog" sounds like a
> job for an oss library package to me. I doubt that a library with
> "several thousand books" would attempt to catalog simply via OOo and
> Zotero; and gmu.edu probably would recommend the same.

Ah, didn't notice that he was going to deal with that many books. In
fact, I am not sure if there is any easy way to get those books one by
one in any application! Perhaps there is a way for him to export the
bibliography that he already has in a format that Zotero can understand
and import. This would be the easiest method.

Koha, IIRC, can import some library catalog formats. I am no libraries,
but it appears that if he can export or convert this pre-existing
database to Marc21, he can import that in to Koha.

But perhaps I am missing OP's point here. If all he wants to do is
create and maintain a catalog, then perhaps Koha will be appropriate.
But I understood his request as building a bibliography database to
interact with a word processor. I don't Koha does that ... but I could
be wrong here. :)

Regards.