On 10/03/2008 02:22 PM, David Lowe wrote:
> On Oct 3, 2008, at 10:46 , NoOp wrote:
>
>> Bouncer isn't "lying". It has issues (that are being addressed) but
>> "lying"? Hardly.
>

>       Well, i might be accused of getting carried away.  However, it
> continues to frustrate users looking for a recent build of OpenOffice
> on less common platform/language combinations [for instance, MacPPC +
> EnUS].  As a matter of fact, it's pretty obvious that new versions
> are not being compiled for PPC - yet Bouncer continues to offer it,
> only to tell users to 'come back later'.  How much later?  The most
> recent version available for MacPPC + Fr is 2.3.0...  That's why so
> many messages go through here sending users to the good-day ftp site:
> Bouncer is only going to offer those users disappointment, time after
> time of 'coming back'.

Ah... I'm a PC (linux), you're a Mac :-) so I don't know anything about
the Mac mirrors etc. It does seem to be working now though (the Mac
bouncer link). I recommend that you subscribe to the releases list &
when you have a problem with a Mac download mention it there. The folks
on that list are responsible for the releases, mirrors etc., so it's
best to lurk for awhile before posting.