Hi Anthony

Apart from the scanning bit which isn't practical (one of the forms is
bigger than A4 and my scanner is maximum A4) I thought the answer
would be something like that. I've had a quick look at XForms to see if
that's the way to go... I may have to just measure the positions of the
fields on the forms- printing onto the forms isn't an issue.

It's just finding the information on how to do it then the time and
energy to actually do it, for something I don't have to do very often,
but when I do do it, I always think there's got to be an easier way
than this :)

Keith

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 01:08:35 -0400
Anthony Chilco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Keith,
> I'd scan the documents, then drop them, one to a page in a writer
> file. Check the size to make sure that it's correct. Set up a
> spreadsheet with the information for the forms, then place a field
> that's linked to the spreadsheet for each bit of information that you
> want to import. When you print, turn off graphics in the print
> options. tc
>

> Keith Bates wrote:
> > This is probably really easy to do, but I'm not sure where to look
> > for instructions.
> >
> > When I perform marriages I need to fill in about three or four forms
> > plus statutory declarations with the names of the bride and groom,
> > addresses, occupation, mother's maiden name etc. The forms are not
> > all the same format.
> >
> > At the moment, most of them are filled in by hand because it's
> > easier than making the effort to organise templates etc. to print
> > the information into the right spot on the form.
> >
> > What I'm thinking is make a document (spreadsheet?) to enter the
> > information then have OO put that into the right places so I can
> > print onto the forms.
> >
> > Can somebody please suggest how I might do that and point me
> > towards a relevant tutorial or help file?
> >
> > Thanks

God bless you,

Keith Bates

www.new-life.org.au