At 16:42 09/10/2008 +1100, Keith Bates wrote:
Apart from the scanning bit which isn't practical (one of the forms is bigger than A4 and my scanner is maximum A4) ...

Easy! Turn the form sideways and scan each end separately. Trim the two graphics along three sides. Insert both graphics at appropriate ends of the same document. Somewhere - it doesn't matter where - they will overlap and coincide. (Since you are not actually printing the graphic, absolute precision is not necessary.)

I may have to just measure the positions of the fields on the forms- ...

Well, you will have to fix the position of each inserted text area somehow ...

... printing onto the forms isn't an issue.

So you do have a printer that will take your super-A4 form?

... when I do do it, I always think there's got to be an easier way than this :)

Unless you can find some (magic?) software that can read the form and see where the text boxes are, you probably do have to do the work. ;^)

Brian Barker