Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but still the result is segments of straight lines, not continuously straight from end to end.
James Knott wrote:
Julio Sotolongo wrote:
 Is there a way to create a perfectly straight line in Draw. This is
for a friend that I am trying to interest in OOo.
I tried unsuccessfully to accomplish it and then searched the
documentation for help. Following the directions in the Draw Guide for
drawing a straight line yielded the same results I achieved on my own.
A line composed of segments of straight lines, but not continuously
straight from end to end.
According to my friend, this is possible MSO. It seems like it should
be simple to accomplish. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried the "Lines and Arrows" button?