On 12/22/2008 02:29 PM, Julio Sotolongo wrote:
> The only thing I can think of to say is "cool."  8-)
> Julio
>>
>> NoOp wrote:
>> I just tested with WinXP MSO 2002 and OOo 3.0 and I see what your friend
>> is talking about. On MSO, a diagonal line will appear jagged (stairstep
>> effect) in the draw box until the mouse is released. As soon as the
>> mouse is released the line appears perfectly smooth - even when viewed
>> at 500%. In OOo the line renders in stairstep (minor, but still
>> noticeable). That's on a .24pixel professional quality monitor and also
>> tested on a two other systems w/like monitors.

Well... not sure if it's actually cool or not. It would be really cool
if OOo rendered the line as MSO's draw does (crisp and clear with no
stairstep effect). But it does validate your friend's observation.

There may be a bug filed in OOo for this already, but searching the bug
database tends to be an art in itself. So, if you look for one be sure
to reserve some time to do so...