> Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but still the result is
> segments of straight lines, not continuously straight from end to end.
> James Knott wrote:
>> Julio Sotolongo wrote:
>>
>>>  Is there a way to create a perfectly straight line in Draw. This is
>>> for a friend that I am trying to interest in OOo.
>>> I tried unsuccessfully to accomplish it and then searched the
>>> documentation for help. Following the directions in the Draw Guide
>>> for drawing a straight line yielded the same results I achieved on
>>> my own. A line composed of segments of straight lines, but not
>>> continuously straight from end to end.
>>> According to my friend, this is possible MSO. It seems like it
>>> should be simple to accomplish. Any help would be appreciated.
>>>

>> Have you tried the "Lines and Arrows" button?

>> 12/17/2008 7:21 PM

Julio,

Not to detract from anything James Knott said, here's a different take
on it:

Is it possible this is a display issue?  When you say MSO does it fine
and OOo doesn't, is that being done on the same exact physical machine,
or on two machines?  If it's all on the same machine, then the rest of
this is moot and you can quit reading<g>.

If it's on two different machines, and if the line isn't perfectly
vertical or horizontal, then it may look jagged as you seem to describe.
This can be attributed to differences in video card settings, program
settings and probably other areas I'm not thinking of right now.  The
higher the screen resolution, the "smoother" a line will look.  The
lower the resolution, the more jagged it'll look.  Same thing at print
time.  And especially true with jpeg files.

And if it's smooth but just not "straight" as in not vertical or not
horizontal, it could even be the rotations settings on the video drivers
or the monitor.

There are more too, but before I seem to appear to be talking down to
you, I'll stop here and wait for confirmation or further clarifications.

HTH

Twayne