At 20:36 17/12/2008 -0500, Julio Sotolongo wrote:
Is there a way to create a perfectly straight line in Draw. This is for a friend that I am trying to interest in OOo. I tried unsuccessfully to accomplish it and then searched the documentation for help. Following the directions in the Draw Guide for drawing a straight line yielded the same results I achieved on my own. A line composed of segments of straight lines, but not continuously straight from end to end. According to my friend, this is possible MSO. It seems like it should be simple to accomplish. Any help would be appreciated.

You may be confusing two things here. Like most office products, OpenOffice Draw is geared towards creating printed output. And if you print your document or export it to PDF, you may well find that your line is sufficiently straight. But compared with most printers, your computer's screen has a comparatively coarse resolution, of course. And it is impossible within the limitations of the screen pixels to create an exactly straight line display. So the screen image within Draw shows a poor imitation, but you may find the final printed or exported result satisfactory.

You can also get an idea of what is happening here if you change the zoom factor at View | Zoom... . Your line will still be imperfect, but will be different in detail from before. This demonstrates that it is the display of your line, rather than the line itself, which is the limitation.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker