I had the same error.  I live in Canada, and I tried downloading the
files from all 3 Canadian choices (from work), all with the same
error.  I downloaded it at home, it installed fine, so I made a CD and
then was able to install it at work.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember
if I ultimately got the files from another source (or what that source
was).  I would recommend getting OOo from another source and try to
install again.

Sorry I cannot be more specific (I didn't see any problems in this
group, so I thought it was just me, and didn't take any notes of what
I did).

- Rodney