On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 14:36 +0100, M Henri Day wrote:
> 2009/2/27 Richard <judgesi...@netscape.net>
> > OOo3 is the worst version ever and like Netscape ver 4 a complete disaster
> > that will loose countless users and loyal supporters
> > I am officially removing OOo 3 from my office 7 machines, I have used OOo
> > since ver 1 but can no longer support its very slow operation, my staff are
> > complaining bitterly and this is despite upgrades in PC's etc., It appears
> > no one is capable of answering the reasons for the slow and unacceptable
> > speeds of opening and closing a file from a file server.
> > Let all be warned, this ver 3 is a step backwards and mso is becoming more
> > and more attractive despite its cost as time saved relates to money saved
> Thanks, Richard, for your detailed description of the difficulties you are
> encountering with OOo 3 ! No doubt this account will facilitate our helping
> you resolve them, which after all, is the purpose of this listserve....

As a counterpoint:  everyone here things 3.x is a nice improvement over
2.x.  I don't have any performance issues.  I can bounce around in my
160+ page master/sub documents and everything is nearly instantaneous.
<http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>
Only slowness I see is "recalculating row height" when I've got big
spreadsheets.

BTW, the comment/notation threading in OOo 3.1 looks awesome.  Keep up
the great work guys.
--
OpenGroupware developer: awill...@whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>