I really enjoy the OO 3.0 big improvement and I have no problem..

--- On Fri, 2/27/09, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [users] ver 3 is rubbish.
To: users@openoffice.org, awill...@whitemice.org
Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 9:56 AM

2009/2/27 Adam Tauno Williams <awill...@whitemice.org>

> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 14:36 +0100, M Henri Day wrote:
> > 2009/2/27 Richard <judgesi...@netscape.net>
> > > OOo3 is the worst version ever and like Netscape ver 4 a
complete
> disaster
> > > that will loose countless users and loyal supporters
> > > I am officially removing OOo 3 from my office 7 machines, I have
used
> OOo
> > > since ver 1 but can no longer support its very slow operation,
my staff
> are
> > > complaining bitterly and this is despite upgrades in PC's
etc., It
> appears
> > > no one is capable of answering the reasons for the slow and
> unacceptable
> > > speeds of opening and closing a file from a file server.
> > > Let all be warned, this ver 3 is a step backwards and mso is
becoming
> more
> > > and more attractive despite its cost as time saved relates to
money
> saved
> > Thanks, Richard, for your detailed description of the difficulties
you
> are
> > encountering with OOo 3 ! No doubt this account will facilitate our
> helping
> > you resolve them, which after all, is the purpose of this
listserve....

> As a counterpoint:  everyone here things 3.x is a nice improvement over
> 2.x.  I don't have any performance issues.  I can bounce around in my
> 160+ page master/sub documents and everything is nearly instantaneous.
> <http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>
> Only slowness I see is "recalculating row height" when I've
got big
> spreadsheets.

By the way, WHY does it do that? Row height should not be calculated, it
should be what I set it to be. If the font size makes need for increasing
the height, why can't just the new height be saved with the file? Then row
height doesn't need to be calculated, only read from file or memory.
Yes, I know, it's only me who don't understand, so please enlighten me.
Or
not, since this thread isn't about row heights… sorry for being OT.
J.R.