Ugly Me wrote:
Um. I don't QUITE get that. Paste "special"? Because it was plain text I was
after, what is the "special" part about it?

That's what OOo calls it, because pasting plain text is not the default paste mode. Therefore it's "special".

... if this can be mapped to Control-C / Control-V then I have it
made. Otherwise, knowing the shortcut would be helpful.

Control-Shift-V is the supplied keyboard shortcut to Paste Special in Writer.

It is possible to change that (using Tools > Customize), but remapping Control-V might cause other problems.

Control-C would not need to be changed, regardless of what you use for pasting.

BTW, all the built-in keyboard shortcuts are listed in the Help (look for keyboard;general commands in the index).

--Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
Co-Lead, Documentation Project