2009/3/3 Harold Fuchs <hwfa.openoff...@googlemail.com>

> 2009/3/3 M Henri Day <mhenri...@gmail.com>

> that
> style

> can

> > ABC

> > steps

> > > I don't know if this is version/OS dependent, but Ctrl-A still works in
> > my
> > > Linux version of 3.0.1. I did check before my original post. Ctrl-E
> moves
> > > the justification to "Centered"
> > >
> > > I appreciate the input on better methods using the new menu entries.
> > >
> > > Russell
> >

> > Here I should really like to see OOo take a page from MSO and provide us
> > with a GUI button which allows one to switch languages both for and
> within
> > document with a mouse click. This would constitute a great step forward
> in
> > usability for ordinary users who often need to write multilingual
> > documents....
> >
> > Henri
>

> At the bottom of Writer's window is a sort of tool bar. The 3rd button from
> the left shows the current language. Optionally select a section of text.
> Click on this button. Follow your nose ...
>
> NB This is true on Windows. I can't confirm it for Mac or *nix. It has been
> true since *about* v2.4
>

> --
> Harold Fuchs
> London, England

Thanks, Harald ! I do, indeed, now see a language box in the status bar in
Writer on my Ubuntu system. Unfortunately, when I click it, the only
language alternatives I see are the default «English (USA)» and «Swedish
(Sweden)», which do not suffice for my needs. How can I add other languages
here, so that I have several alternatives from which to choose ?...

Henri