On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 16:25:40 -0700
Came this utterance formulated by NoOp to my mailbox:

> > There are two modes to the ensuing text boxes, "text edit" and
> > "treat me like a graphic". When in text edit mode the box has a
> > hatched wide border. When in graphic mode it has the eight green
> > handles a graphic does. Click on the hatching to move into graphic
> > mode or double click the text to move into text edit mode.
> >

> No - unless I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to point out. In
> this instance, when using the 'T' icon from the drawing toolbar (show
> visible Text button) and clicking on a blank presentation sheet the
> result is _text_ not a graphic. F1/Help: text;toolbar. If you prefer
> not to open the entire Draw toolbar, then you can open and dock the
> Text buttons to the standard toolbar: View|Toolbars|Text.

Yes - not to belabour the point but in Impress if you type some text
into a box then you can:

A. click on the diagonal hatching that borders that text box

or

B. click on the select (arrow) tool which is first on the drawing
toolbar

then you can alter the rectangular box that the text is typed in as if
it were a graphic. The hatching is turned off, the text tool bar is
replaced with line and area toolbar. You can alternatively "Format -
Line", "Format - Area" and "Format - Position and Size" as if it were a
normal drawn rectangle, hence a graphic.

To toggle back to text editing mode (with the diagonal hatching) click
in the text.

This also works in Draw and possibly Writer.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416