Hi Brewster,

bg wrote (9-4-2009 19:19)
I've made some progress in completing my slide show, thanks to
lots of help - much appreciated.

Glad to read that.

[...]
Firstly, though I set the duration of page to 120 seconds, when I run
the slide show it is *not* proceeding to the next slide after the
120 seconds. And no, that Window 3 did *not* have an "Apply" box:-)

Is there maybe a text / object on the slide that has an appear event on-click?

Secondly, and a good deal more disconcerting, is that when I go
back to experiment around with changed "duration of page" timings,
I naturally click "SLIDE SHOW/SLIDE SHOW SETTINGS", and am
presented with a dropdown that looks an awfully lot like Window 3
of the Setup Wizard. But instead of displaying, and appropriately
labeling, the two settable timing parameters as does the Wizard,
it shows just one timing box, and the cursor-over popup identifies
it as the pause setting, not the "duration of page" setting.

"Duration of pause", for me.
That allows you to set the pause when the whole presentation is running continuously, between the end and the next start.

What you are looking for, can be found in the right pane, at the bottom the section Slide transition. Click the > so that it unfolds.

HTH

Cor

--
Cor Nouws    -    nl.OpenOffice.org marketing contact
= "2009 - Develop OOo"   =   www.nieuwsteoffice.nl  =