I've made some progress in completing my slide show, thanks to
lots of help - much appreciated.

I've encountered something that seems more than a little bizarre
to me. Maybe someone can explain it to us.

When you begin in the "new presentation" mode, Screen Three of
the Wizard offers you the opportunity to apply effects to transitions,
alter their speeds, choose manual or auto advance,
and so on. When you click the "Automatic" check-button, the
window illuminates a section which offers:

        Duration of page       with a window allowing time settings

        Duration of pause      with a window allowing time settings

All well and good so far. But two downstream artifacts are getting
seriously in the way of the tweaking.

Firstly, though I set the duration of page to 120 seconds, when I run
the slide show it is *not* proceeding to the next slide after the
120 seconds. And no, that Window 3 did *not* have an "Apply" box:-)

Secondly, and a good deal more disconcerting, is that when I go
back to experiment around with changed "duration of page" timings,
I naturally click "SLIDE SHOW/SLIDE SHOW SETTINGS", and am
presented with a dropdown that looks an awfully lot like Window 3
of the Setup Wizard. But instead of displaying, and appropriately
labeling, the two settable timing parameters as does the Wizard,
it shows just one timing box, and the cursor-over popup identifies
it as the pause setting, not the "duration of page" setting.

Where is the "duration of page ?

Can anyone explain what's going on here?

Thanks,

Brewster