Javier Rivera wrote:
Web Kracked wrote:
I was trying to install the latest DEB version of OOo, but keep getting errors.

Hi Web,

Firts:

 >for my desktop of Ubuntu 9.10.

Ubuntu 9.10 has OpenOffice 3.1 installed as default, it's likely that you are using some other version.

Sorry, I do have 9.10 installed and it had 3.0.1 as its version.

There are usually more than one PPA per program, some provide the lastest released versions, other can provide you with betas or even night-builds (the version where the developers are working, usually quite buggy).

Anyway, check this:

https://launchpad.net/~openoffice-pkgs/+archive/ppa

This will provide you the latest released version of OpenOffice only one or two weeks after release. It will only work with Ubuntu 9.04, if you are using some other version, please tell us.

Sorry, I do have 9.10 installed - like I said in original message.

I cannot get it to authorize, but it still will download the
updates from ppa.launchpad.net/main (or universe)

If you have any other archive sites for the Synaptic Package Manager
for Ubuntu 9.10/Jaunty let me know.  That is for other software packages
that may be of use.

Thanks

Tim L.
tired of MS, and new-ish to Linux (Wish my IBM server had a 64-bit cpu
so it could use a 64-bit Linux instead of 32-bit.)