Hi,

See http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=68

Better not use that script. Use your package manager instead.

Hagar

Le 28.10.2009 01:33, Web Kracked a écrit :

I was trying to install the latest DEB version of OOo, but keep getting
errors.

I keep getting a "deselecting" message for each .deb package when I run the
"update" shell script using the "sudo sh . . ." script command. on that
file.
It just lists the names of the .deb packages/files in the folder saying the
"deselecting" message for each file. I use the sudo that is asked for to
run
the script, but it will not get it working.

Ubuntu runs a 3.0.1 version as a default, but I do not want to wait for
someone
to add an update in the update system or some add on in the Synaptic
Package Manager.

I use Gnome, currently, for my desktop of Ubuntu 9.10. For now I will
not go
to KDE, but maybe later. So do not tell me to switch. I need some Gnome
stuff
for now and if I can find the stuff in KDE (later when I have a lot of
time on my hands)
then I will look into switching.

I may look into a different version of Linux in a few months, after I
finish some of
my projects and can move my data off the Linux-box so I can change out
to something else.

So can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?