<SNIP>

1. Unsubscribed posters are evidently using a newsgroup to post a question.
2. Messages on this mailing list evidently go to that newsgroup.
3. If an unsubscribed poster wants an answer to that question, evidently
FOLLOWING that newsgroup will give that poster the answer:
        A. Without being subscribed to the list.
        B. Without list-members having to:
                1. Remember to forward.
                2. Remember to CC:
                3. Remember to BCC:
                4. Remember to reply to all.

All the poster has to do is bookmark his/her question in his/her browser
and like MAGIC, every answer is ATTACHED to it.

>>> Of the two complementary questions in this thread -
>>>   (a) how to get answers to questions from unsubscribed posters; and
<SNIP>

Ask it on the list. If they're really interested in an answer, they'll
read it.
>>>   (b) how to unsubscribe ...
<SNIP>

Put the unsubscribe address in the body of an email. For various
reasons, the link after the sig marks don't always show up. As for the
ones who say they tried unsubscribing and it didn't work, maybe they
should verify that the email address the list is sent to is the same one
they are trying to unsubscribe. All too often, people have consolidated
several email addresses to be forwarded by another. Unless they know the
address they subscribed with and unsubscribe from that address, all
efforts to help are futile.

If I seem a little coarse and uncaring, it might have something to do
with the fact that there are more posts about how to, how not to
communicate with non-list members than there are about OpenOffice.org.
These same topics are discussed ad-nauseum, at least once a month. Sorry
to be so crude, but them's the facts.

Roy