On Wed, January 6, 2010 4:54 am, Dave Barton wrote:

Dave, I do wish you success with your support web form. This, however:

> Over the years there has been much protracted debate and argument about
> the rights, wrongs and the mechanism of allowing non-subscribed posters
> to send moderated messages to this and the disc...@openoffice.org list.

is not really correct. There has been much more debate and flames over the
years around the ideas that:

- doubling the list traffic in some moments via tenths of "Forwarding to
unsubscribed poster, who cares if subscribers mailboxes get full?"
messages is a smart and sensible practice

- wasting hours and hundreds of messages to figure out how to filter
automatically in any mail client under the sun messages from unsubscribed
posters or the smart notifications mentioned above can work in all cases
or make any sense in the first place

If you'll put together that web form, things will surely improve. Until
that day, I suggest that everybody just follows the strategy explained
here:

http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=65332

you'll all waste much less of your own time and collectively generate
MUCH, MUCH less list traffic than we have today, when the majority of
messages is not helping anybody, but it is "forwarding to unsubscribed
poster" or endless threads discussing how to recognize such posters or why
this is a good idea.

> http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=62249
> which IMNSHO would alleviate (not totally eliminate) some of the issues
> raised about non-subscribed users posting to this list. I even offered
> to do the necessary "grunt" work to achieve this, if there were
> sufficient interest and the website administration would be prepared to
> work with me. Unfortunately, few subscribers expressed any interest.

I'm not surprised, the same thing happened to me. See the link above.

               Marco
--
OOo4Kids, the office suite for all children... and their parents:
http://stop.zona-m.net/node/42