Web Kracked wrote:
2) Why does 3.2 [windows] need MS Visual C++ when 3.1.1 did not?

They probably used the C++ standard lib to do something?. I mean, OOo has ben using the MS Visual C redistributable since day 1, why is using C++ a big change?.

I wonder what is being used for Win Visual C++ since I do not remember it being
able to do Linux.

libc++ ?

It's just a standard C++ runtime library, nothing creepy or special. It's used by most C++ programs compiled with Visual Studio and it's probably installed in 99,99% of the windows machines out there. I bet that some version it's likely included in the base SO install.

Javier.