On 2010-05-26 3:06 PM, jomali wrote:
> Since I worked in Windows for many years before moving to a sane OS,
> and managed file associations regularly, I know that Windows does
> provide resources for associating file extensions with the programs
> to open them. What functionality does Windows lack that you want OOo
> to provide?

A GUI interface directly in OOo that can manage the file associations
for all of the files it is capable of opening - everything from
repairing broken file associations (including associating template file
types so that they work as templates are supposed to work), to restoring
the file associations of non ODF file types that it took over at
installation time to their previous state before it took them over.

You know - something the average USER can use and understand, and that
makes adminstering OOo a whole lot less painful.

You didn't read my bug/feature request did you (don't answer, rhetorical
question)...