You are an arrogant person, aren't you?

I actually did read your request for update. However, I hoped you had better
information than what you provided in that request.

You claim that, when you lose template file association and restore it, the
templates open as templates and not as new writer files. That is true, if
you re-associate them with Writer. However, if you re-associate them with
Openoffice 3.2, they open correctly. Granted, this is non-intuitive, but I
discovered this with five minutes of experimentation.

I agree with the commentators who did not see this as a desirable added
feature in Ooo, since it's so easy to do in Windows and since not even
Microsoft Office has such a feature.

Jomali