Hi Everyone!

in my head:

- the term "moderated" means that someone/a software appliance reads the mail and change something in it to make message more "soft for human eyes" (moderate it!) *before* send it to the list; this is a behavior that *all* posts (sub and unsub) may be subjected (!!!); this happen in the lists all over the world;

- the term [non subscriber] or [not subscriber] are exactly describing what actually and now is happening in our lists and so are more suitable;

- if you use to moderate mails/posts in mailing lists only for "non subscriber" and so there is a one-to-one relation between the first two things, this is lists choice, but far to be clear in many non owner people!!! And this take to frequently mail to thread answers that think "moderated" means like in my first point/element to make them know that the mean are the second in my list! All, but nice! All, but intuitive!

If you want to eat an apple, you ask for an apple!
If you want to eat a pizza, you go to Naples and ask for a pizza!

If you want to say a mail is from a "non subscriber" person, you tag it with "non subscriber" string (also if in your system that is for some ignored cause equivalent to a commonly different meaning term/word!!!).

Isn't it?

If you want be clear, be clear! You'll see less people sending answer for non subscriber user only to the target list!

If you want to be perfect change flag to:
[non subscriber, please answer both him and the list]

;-)

Carlo