On 10/6/2010 10:22 AM, AG wrote:
Hello all

Two (unrelated) questions on using Calc:

(1) How do I freeze a row so that scrolling through the rest of the spreadsheet the top/ frozen row remains visible?

(2) When mousing over the various menus, the yellow text bubble that explains what the item does conceals the menu items concerned. How can I shift the bubble so that it no longer obscures the menu item it describes?

Thanks for help on both or either of these two issues.

AG
1. Click on the cell below and to the right of the rows and columns you want to freeze.
2.  Click  WINDOW -> FREEZE (or CTRL F)

Sorry, I cannot help you with the yellow bubbles.

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA