On 06/10/10 18:40, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2010-10-06 1:34 PM, JOE Conner wrote:
1. Click on the cell below and to the right of the rows and columns you
want to freeze.
2.  Click  WINDOW ->  FREEZE (or CTRL F)

Interesting, didn't know you could do it this way. Thanks!

Fascinating. Something new every day :-) Except on my copy ^F throws up the search and replace dialogue (3.2.0 on ubuntu 10.04)

But there's an alternative. At the top of the vertical scroll bar there's a thick line. Grab this and drag down to split the screen into two independently scrollable regions. Similarly for the horizontal scroll. This too can effectively freeze part of the display. (I see now that window|freeze and window|split are mutually exclusive menu options.)

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England