On 23/10/10 20:01, Richard Detwiler wrote:
AG wrote:
On 06/10/10 18:34, JOE Conner wrote:
 On 10/6/2010 10:22 AM, AG wrote:
Hello all

Two (unrelated) questions on using Calc:

(1) How do I freeze a row so that scrolling through the rest of the spreadsheet the top/ frozen row remains visible?

1. Click on the cell below and to the right of the rows and columns you want to freeze.
2.  Click  WINDOW -> FREEZE (or CTRL F)

A further question on this theme:

If I wanted to freeze row 1 as well as column A, is there a way of doing this? From my attempts so far, I can only do a row or a column, but not both together.

It may not possible, and after loads of data I may find that it is not even desirable to do so, but curious minds and the desire to experiment and all that jazz ... ;-)

Cheers

AG

Yes. To freeze Row 1 and Column A, select (click in) cell B2. The select Window > Freeze.

The general case: everything above and to the left of the cell you've selected will be frozen.

Nice one!  Thanks Richard.

AG