On 06/10/10 18:40, JOE Conner wrote:
 On 10/6/2010 10:30 AM, AG wrote:
On 06/10/10 18:22, AG wrote:
<<SNIP>>

Have now answered (1), even though doing so is completely unintuitive - why select the row *below* the one you want to freeze to freeze the row above the one selected??? Go figure. Perhaps the good folk developing LibO might be able to address some of these strange peculiarities that seem to have crept into OOo?

One can hope anyway.

AG
Below and right makes intuitive sense to me. I suppose it is in the eye of the beholder. The cell selected below and right of the frozen is the upper left cell of the row and column in the movable view .

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA

When you explain it like that Joe, that does make some kind of sense. To me, I guess I am more direct: I want to freeze row 1 or column A, so it would make sense to highlight either row 1 or column A not row 2 or column B.

As you say, it will be in the eye of the beholder.

Cheers for your prompt reply to my queries.

AG