On 2010-10-30 8:12 AM, SŽof  MORETTI wrote:
> But with the "not able to open a document for edit in a directory you
> cannot write" problem, or in our case a shared filesystem that plays
> tricks, a way to specify another place for the lock file could be great.

Precisely... and if all network users share the same lock-file
directory, then it should work properly...

It could be specified as 'Alternate lock-file directory', and it would
be the responsibility of the network admin to properly configure it for
everyone.

Guess I'll go over and see if the LibreOffice folks might be a little
more receptive...