mail wrote:
Please reply to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I wish to produce a parallel text edition (ie foreign language and English
translation on facing pages).
I can do this by having two files, one with pages set up as "left hand only" and one as
"right hand only".

IS IT POSSIBLE to get the automatic pagination of one file to go "1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc" and
the other "2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc"?

michaelalmond

I can't understand the necessity for two files.  It would
seem to me that it would be much easier to insure the proper
alignment of pages with them side by side not only in printing
but also in displaying.  It would seem to me that with two
separate files, the paging in one language might not correspond
to that in the other languge.  In a lengthy document, it is
possible to reach the point where the facing pages no longer
display the same material.

It is possible to set each page (even each line if necessary)
to a particular language.  Is there some other reason that
two files are necessary?  Perhaps continuity in each language's
portion of the document?
--
Dale Erwin
Salamanca 116