On Friday 19 August 2005 06:01 am, Gary Hunt wrote:
> Hi,
> Have installed open office 1.13 from open source disc. Using windows
> XP Home operating system and Outlook Express for e-mail. When
> receiving openoffice files from other computers I cannot open then as
> they are identified as Unknown file type. If I save them and then
> open them with open office they open . Plse assist. Gary Hunt.

     This is a file association problem. Windows XP is not recognizing
OOo as the program to open *.sx* files. The help files of Windows XP
should have instructions as to how to set file associations. It is also
explained in setup_guide.pdf which should be located on the open source
disc containing OOo 1.1.3.

Dan