On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 16:13 +1000, marilla wrote:
> I run Windows xp and have downloaded open office for windows 3
> times. When I try to install (run) the file I keep getting this
> message.

Unfortunately the server for this list strips attachments, so we can't
see the picture of the error message. It sounds as if your downloads are
being corrupted. To confirm this follow the MD5SUM checking instructions
on this page: http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html
For the current English Windows file OOo_2.0.3_Win32Intel_install.exe
the checksum is: 4ca876df0c73e37ccb6b83da79dc7813

If you are getting corrupted downloads try downloading from the local
Australian mirror http://mirror.pacific.net.au/openoffice/stable/2.0.3
rather that the random server provided by the OOo download page. If you
are not already using a download manager take a look here:
http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.3/downloadtools.html

If your downloads are not corrupted, do you have a previous version of
OOo installed? If so, have closed the quickstarter icon in you taskbar
tray, before staring installation? Do you have an anti-virus program
running which might prevent OOo from installing correctly?

Hope this helps.

Dave
replies to your query.
Please reply to users@openoffice.org only and include some indication
that you are not subscribed to this list.
(eg. "I am not subscribed to this list, please cc me.")

For on-line support see: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
For a knowledge base see: http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/