On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 18:35 -0500, rfreeman wrote:
> Dont know if i have contacted the correct person, if i havn't could
> you foreward this email to the correct person.
>
> I purchased your software off ebay for $2.98, i had never heard of
> this program until i was surfering ebay for microsoft word. After
> purchasing the product, i got a message to register the program on
> your site. After completing a survey, it sent me to your home page,
> where i found out the program can be downloaded for free. Thought you
> would like to know that your software is being sold on ebay by seller:
> hotsales06.  after purchasing the software it sends you to this web
> page for downloading the software, http://www.rerok.com/oo.htm which
> the page states it expires in 72 hours. After further search i realize
> several people are selling your product. If this is acceptable by your
> company, then you can disregard this. Just thought you may want to
> know someone is charging people for software your giving away.

If what the OP (R Freeman) says is correct, this may not necessarily be
illegal, but it sure sounds like a scam. As I read it, he paid this
character on ebay $2.98 for a link to a web page (possibly hijacked)
where he could download an old version (2.0.2) of OOo. There would seem
to be little that OOo can do about this, but if it were me I would
definitely raise the issue with ebay.

For R Freeman's future reference, you can always download the latest
version of OOo (OpenOffice.org) from http://www.openoffice.org for free.
OOo is a community project, not a company. For more info see this page:
http://about.openoffice.org/index.html

Dave
replies to your query.
Please reply to users@openoffice.org only and include some indication
that you are not subscribed to this list.
(eg. "I am not subscribed to this list, please cc me.")

For on-line support see: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
For a knowledge base see: http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/