I have tried to install OpenOffice.org on mac OS X without success. I have followed the instructions in the how-to exactly, and I have tried several times. But each time when I try to start OpenOffice.org 2.0.app I get an error window with the text: <Can't make alias "> and two buttons, <Edit> and <OK>.

If I push <Edit> Script Editor opens and displays a window with the text: <Unable to read the dictionary of the application or extension because it is not scriptable.> and the button <OK>. When I push it an error window appears with the text: <The document "droplet.rsrc" could not be opened. Script Editor cannot open files in the "Document" format.>

If I push <OK>, the window disappears and reappears. If I press it again the window disappears. The OpenOffice.org 2.0 application seems to be open, and it's toolbar has the buttons <OpenOffice.org> <File> and <Edit>. Under About OpenOffice.org it says: <This is an executable script saved as an application. You can view or edit this script by choosing Edit Script from the Edit window. AppleScript 1.10.7 Copyright c Apple Computer, Inc. 1990-2005.> Nothing happens if I press Edit Script from the Edit window. The Command-Q action doesn't respond either, and I have to force quit the application. In the Force Quit Applications window, the applications name is <droplet>.

I hope some of you know what the problem is, and know what two do. Thank you for the assistance.

Kind regards
Sigve Berge Hofland