Alan Frayer wrote:

James McKenzie wrote:

Dan:

Sadly Mr. RBL was kicked off of the mailing list for use of profanity. You would be best to reply directly to him.

James M.

Dan Lewis wrote:
Perhaps this is a little late, but why haven't you created your
own dictionaries? (user-defined dictionaries) That would solve the spelling problem. You can do this at Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids. Just make sure that any dictionaries you create have a check in front of them in the User-defined dictionaries list. Have you looked in the User's Guides that are available? What about the Writer's Guide created by OOoAuthors. All are available for download at http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/.

Dan

Ah, but RBL did not use the profanity... he quoted someone else who did. I hope RBL wasn't booted for someone else's faux pas.

Nobody was booted off for profanity ... RBL was unsubscribed because he'd forgotten to add openoffice.org to his email whitelist system, and so everyone who posted to the list was getting a "please confirm" message. I think he's back on now, having fixed the problem.

Ross