On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:34:52 -0400
Pete Holsberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just installed v2.04 over 2.03 and I still cannot use any of the
> Send as email options. OOo cannot find an appropriate email client.
>
> Under Tools > Options > Internet, there's nothing that let's me set
> the email client.
>
> Thanks.

Hello, Everyone
As an experiment I tried the following:
1. Opened up a file in OpenOffice.org 2.0.4.
2. Choose "File | Send | Document as E-mail"  This caused the following
error:
http://www.afolkey2.net/OO-3.jpg
This error, of course, does not specify where to go to set up a working
E-mail configuration.

So, I proceeded to do as follows:
3. I went to "Tools | Options | Internet | E-mail"  See screenshot:
http://www.afolkey2.net/OO-2.jpg

4. I clicked on the button with three dots and browsed to the following
location:
/usr/bin/sylpheed-claws
Then I clicked "OK"

I then proceeded to send the same file to myself as an ODT, DOC and
PDF.  All sent with no errors, and they arrived as desired.

Later in this thread someone mentions something about "Mail Merge"  I
know nothing about mail merge, and therefore I did nothing to set it up
to make this work.  I just set the correct email client as described
above.  For Kicks, I will try all this again with KMail as my email
client.  This worked perfectly as well.

I have just went back and re-read this entire thread, so please forgive
me if someone already asked you this question before:
Are you saying that their is no "E-mail" option located at "Tools |
Options | Internet | E-mail"?
If your answer is "no", then that would be odd, seeing as that is how I
got this to work on my system.
If your answer is "no", then I think both of us would like to know, are
the "Options" menus set up differently on Linux and Windows?  I know
that Firefox has "Edit | Preferences" on Linux, but it uses "Tools |
Options" on Windows.  I believe Thunderbird follows that convention as
well.

I will attempt to get to a computer that runs Windows XP and OO.org
2.0.4 tomorrow, to see what the menus look like there.  But from my
re-reading of this thread, it looks like you have done all you possibly
could to find the place to set up this functionality.

Have a Great Day/Night,
Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: The screenshot that contains the screen where I set my email
client already contains said email client.  That is because I took that
screenshot, THEN I deleted my email client from that screen for the
sake of this experiment, assuming that that would cause my heretofore
successful ability to send documents from OO.org to not work anymore.

--
 20:42:01 up 31 days,  4:07,  2 users,  load average: 0.32, 0.32, 0.19

--
 21:13:14 up 31 days,  4:38,  5 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.22, 0.23