That's nice trick. But I want something different - in Excel select
range (with values) A1:B4 and click Sum button. You will get two
furmulas - SUM(A1:A4) and SUM(B1:B4) in row 5.

Here is my queston - does current Calc's behavior  (when clicking Sum
with x*y (x and y >2) selection, Calc just randomly generates formulas
(like "=SUM(#REF!3:D3)")  makes any sense?

WBR,
K. Palagin.