Thanks for the reply...My first page was a title page- a default style page. I did not want a page number on it, and I wanted the next page to be a page 1. I used default for my title because if I use "first page" style, the next page will be page 2. So I created my own style, I called it "text" style. It starts with page 1. But now there is an unseen blank page between the title page and
page 1.

In another instance, I am trying to format a book. I have a title page which I used "first page" style. And then I use a default page style for the copyright page and the table of contents. Then another default page and then a "blank page" style for the first chapter page. Then I use left and right page styles. _The unseen blank page appears at the very front of the document- before the
first page._

This throws me off because I have to have a certain specific number of pages to finally save in a PDF format. And it throws me off in the other first instance because that (just a paper) will also be sent electronically. Otherwise I would
just grin and bear it and remove the blank page when I print.

Thanks for any suggestions, helps.
Rick B.