On Friday 19 October 2007 05:24:00 you wrote:
> Wow.
>
> Well, I'm just a normal user (student, high school) who wants to
> keep it legal. That's why I'm asking questions. I very much like
> the opensource alternatives, but some questions appeared in my
> mind: are those alternatives legal? Aren't they just "free
> copies"? Isn't that an infringement of somekind? These kind of
> questions.
>
> Thanks for the answer, although, I didn't ask for the "attack" on
> Bill Gates. What? His errors justify our own? Because he stole we
> can too?
>
> No problem, though ;) Thanks alot for taking the time to answer
> me.
>
> - João

You posted to a public mail list of OpenOffice.org users we get what
we call trolls posting on this list with questions designed just to
stir things up. There are people who don't want any help and don't
want to learn anything they just want to make some noise.

Everyone that replied had that in their mind.

Look at it this way, you did not say why you wanted to know. If you
had started your post with some information about yourself and what
you are trying to accomplish and that you want to do things the
right way, as you have done now, we would have responded in a
different manner. Your post had the same look/feel as a phishing
post would have. It had the legal setup for the kill approach.

Be careful how you ask things on mail lists, News Groups and forums
that are for and provided by Open Source Software communities. The
commercial communities like to attack the Open Source communities
because they are a threat to the survival of commercial software.

There are a lot of people that measure all things computer with
their Microsoft standard so anything that does not follow the
Microsoft way of doing things must be wrong, illegal, inferior or
just plain weird. This is a skewed standard to measure by because
Microsoft doesn't do anything the way the rest of the computer
world does things. Microsoft is not the standard they are the
exception to the standard.

--
http://24.197.142.167/~jack/openofficefaq.php Read the
OpenOffice.org FAQ