James Knott wrote:
Scott Castaline wrote:
Oh man you really do go back!!! In school we had access to a working PDP-8 and used , I can't remember the name of the system but it was an 1100 whatever mfg micro system that stored the code on 8" floppy to boot the PDP-8. I seem to remember we had written code to make the micro system look like a paper tape reader or card reader. I think the 1100 was based on the 4040 chip(s).

IIRC, the PDP-8 predated floppies. We had a PDP-8i at work and I used to toggle in the rim loader occasionally.

The micro system used the 8" which had the code that made it look like a paper tape reader to the PDP-8. And yes the PDP-8 did proceed the floppy, this was some time after.