On Dec 22, 2007 1:31 PM, Drew Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Alan Boba wrote:
> > The supported functions in Query builder are those that are offered in
> the
> > "Function" row of the interactive query interface. They are only a
> subset of
> > the functions available in the HSQL product. To perform the other
> functions
> > it will be necessary to use the SQL statement window available via the
> Tools
> >
> >> SQL... menu option.
> >>
> Sorry but that is just incorrect. - almost all functions are supported
> in the GUI query designer. The drop down list you reference are only a
> limited group of aggregate functions. For most functions they are simply
> used in the column selection area. In the case of those that are not
> supported in the GUI designer then they are supported in the text based

I was referring to the GUI designer sorry if that wasn't clear. I had tried
a number of functions not in the drop down list and found there was no way I
could modify what was in the list. Then I found the SQL window and
discovered that all SQL functions at hsqldb.org that I tried in the SQL
window worked.

Thought I also tried creating some of the same in SQL view and they didn't
work there. Have gone back and found my memory incorrect. Or at least I
wasn't encountering errors as I thought I had been.

Thanks for the correction.