Hi,

I'm now using OO 2.3, but the following were true also of 2.2. I'm fairly new to OO after decades of MS office modules. The context is that I'm building a simple database and using a form to input data. I'd appreciate information or advice on the following:

1. why does the form always open with "(read only)" displayed, yet new data can be entered, and saved.

2. search does not work. No matter what I try, the result is always "Search key not found". It is the same whether the entire table or a column is selected on which to search, and playing with the various options makes no difference.

3. One of my columns contains dates. The input format is very restricting - such as the year cannot be assumed to be the current year, and omitted. Is there a way of getting more flexibility in inputted date formats?

4. One of the columns contains $$ data, but it displays as ordinary decimal values with no decimal point unless cents are involved, and trailing zeroes are dropped. Is there any way of displaying currency values in the usual format?

thanks in advance.

Mike Shearer